Please Read These Instructions Carefully
Subject to certain limited exclusions, you are a person or entity eligible to register/submit a claim for a Settlement Payment if:
- You owned or leased, on June 9, 2017, a Mazda Subject Vehicle distributed for sale or lease in the United States or its territories or possessions, AND you bring or have brought your Subject Vehicle to a dealership for the manufacturer of the Subject Vehicle for the Takata Airbag Recall Remedy; or
- You sold, or returned pursuant to a lease, a Mazda Subject Vehicle distributed for sale or lease in the United States or its territories or possessions after April 11, 2013, and before June 9, 2017, if the Subject Vehicle was recalled prior to June 9, 2017.
To register/submit a claim for a Settlement Payment, you must either:
- Submit an electronic Registration/Claim Form online by clicking "Check Your Eligibility and Start a Registration/Claim Form” below (online registration will result in expedited processing); or
- Submit a completed paper Registration/Claim Form along with any required documentation by U.S. Mail or email to:
Auto Airbag Settlement
Settlement Notice Administrator
P.O. Box 3207
Portland, OR 97208-3207
The deadline for submitting a Registration/Claim Form is as follows:
- If you sold or returned, pursuant to a lease, a recalled Subject Vehicle after April 11, 2013, and before June 9, 2017, and your vehicle was recalled under the Takata Airbag Inflator Recall prior to June 9, 2017, you have one year from the date that the Settlement becomes final (the “Effective Date”) to submit a Registration/Claim Form.
- If you owned or leased a Subject Vehicle on June 9, 2017, the deadline for submitting a Registration/Claim Form is one year after the Effective Date, or one year after the date the Recall Remedy is performed on your Subject Vehicle, whichever is later, until the Final Registration/Claim Deadline is reached.
Important: No Registration/Claim Forms may be submitted after the Final Registration/Claim deadline. The Effective Date and the Final Registration/Claim deadline are not yet known, but will be posted prominently on this Settlement website when they are known.
If you are or were the registered owner or lessee of more than one Subject Vehicle, you must submit a separate Registration/Claim Form for each Subject Vehicle to obtain a separate out-of-pocket Settlement Payment for each Recall Remedy performed, or after requesting and while awaiting the Recall Remedy, on each Subject Vehicle you own(ed) or lease(d). However, claims for unreimbursed expenses cannot be duplicative.
Capitalized terms in the Form have the same meaning as provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Long-Form Notice, also explains key terms of the Settlement, including the definition of Effective Date.
Please provide all required information (as indicated by*) to complete and submit the Registration/Claim Form, attach supporting documentation, and sign/certify the form.
Important: If your Claim is rejected for any reason, you will be notified and given an opportunity to address any deficiencies. The Settlement Special Administrator’s decisions regarding Claims for reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses submitted by Class Members is final and cannot be appealed.
Please click below to get started.